Mental Health Resources
- Free “I Am” Affirmations
- Free “Inspire Me” Meditation
- Dr. Michael Tompkins’s Anxiety & Avoidance Workbook
- Dr. Thomas Brown’s A New Understanding of ADHD in Children and Adults
- Dr. Thomas Brown’s Smart but Stuck: Emotions in Teens and Adults with ADHD
- Free Yoga with Adrienne
- Free Barre videos
- Low-cost virtual workout HIIT classes
- ADHD Checklist: https://nyulangone.org/files/psych_adhd_checklist_0.pdf
*Most of these have free, short meditations you can do
- Aura - meditation
- Calm - meditation
- Happify - science based activities and games
- Headspace - meditation
- Waking Up - meditation courses, lectures and more! No frills.
Short Guides for a Better Life
- Quick Guide for preparing for the first therapy session
- Small ways to make your house more calming & welcoming (yes, it includes making the bed)
- Understanding factors in a psychiatric evaluation
- Using a nightly journal to prepare for sleep
- Stop thinking about work/school when you are working on other activities!
- Pema Chödrön Pocketbook: 108 short selections designed for on-the-go inspiration, offering teachings on: becoming fearless; breaking free of destructive patterns; developing patience, kindness, and joy amid everyday struggles; and unlocking your natural warmth, intelligence, and goodness!
- Ropes & Gray