Columbia Law School Resources
- Center for Gender and Sexuality Law: the first and only Center for Gender and Sexuality Law at any law school in the United States.
- Columbia Journal of Gender and Law: publishes interdisciplinary works related to feminism and gender-related issues with the aim of promoting dialogue, debate, and awareness around an expansive view of feminism embracing women and men of different colors, classes, sexual orientations, and cultures.
- Sexuality and Gender Law Clinic: the first law school clinic anywhere in the United States directed by a full-time law school faculty member and dedicated to legal and public policy issues related to gender and sexuality.
Columbia University Resources
- Columbia Queer Alliance: since 1967, the Columbia Queer Alliance has been proud to continue its legacy of pioneering activism and social justice, breaking down barriers and fostering strong, engaged communities along the way.
- Columbia Office of Multicultural Affairs: supports LGBT students at Columbia University.
LGBTQ Legal Advocacy Resources
- Lambda Legal: a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people, and those with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work.
- Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund: committed to ending discrimination based upon gender identity and expression and to achieving equality for transgender people through public education, test-case litigation, direct legal services, community organizing, and public policy efforts.
- National LGBT Bar Association: a national association of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals, law students, activists, and affiliates lesbians, gay, bisexual, transgender legal organizations.
- LeGaL: an association of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) legal community in the New York metropolitan area.