Call for submissions:
CLWA invites you to contribute to its inaugural Inclusion & Empowerment Blog (IEI Blog). The IEI Blog was created to discover, spotlight, and share stories of women at CLS. The goal of sharing these stories is to provide CLWA members and CLS students a platform to shed light on the gender, racial, and ethnic inequities that continue to persist both at CLS and in the legal profession.
Each semester the IEI Blog will focus on a different theme. This semester, the IEI Blog is focused on the unique and diverse ways that CLS women have been affected by, and coped with, the coronavirus pandemic and the related challenges that quarantine, virtual learning, and social isolation pose particularly for women (i.e., assuming child/home-care responsibilities as full-time students; coping with domestic violence; shouldering the burden of anti-Asian bias, etc.).
We invite all CLS women students, faculty, and administrators to submit an entry. Selected pieces will be posted on the CLWA IEI webpage, spotlighted in the CLWA weekly update email, and ultimately memorialized in an E-Book.
If you would like to submit an IEI Blog entry, please follow the guidelines below.
Guidelines For Submission
- Include a suggested title
- Adhere to the semester’s theme
- Keep your submission concise (there is no word limit, but we encourage you to keep in mind this is a blog!)
- Email Nia, Paula and Iris with a word version of your submission with Subject Line: IEI Blog Submission at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can expect to hear from us within 1-3 days of your submission!
Please also direct any questions or concerns to CLWA Co-Presidents, Nia Yancopoulos (email@example.com) and Paula Zampietro (firstname.lastname@example.org), as well as CLWA’s IEI Chair, Iris Frangou (email@example.com).
We look forward to reading your submissions!
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP